Providing beautiful and functional home goods since 1946
Lipper International starts as Lipper & Mann and becomes organized as an importer of fine glass and ceramic items imported from Czechoslovakia and other European countries.
In their showroom on the seventh floor at 225 Fifth Avenue, New York, Mr. Lipper, Mr. Mann, and several sales representatives sell merchandise to leading department stores, independent shops, jewelry stores and home furnishing stores. Merchandise is shipped from overseas factories to the Lipper warehouse at East 29th Street, New York.
Lipper International begins importing porcelain and earthenware items from Japan including figurines, teacups and saucers, tea kettles, dinnerware sets, and other tableware serving items.
The Blue Danube pattern of fine translucent porcelain dinnerware, which is under-glazed decorated, is developed. Blue Danube is distributed in the United States, Canada, Central America and parts of Europe. In addition, six patterns of genuine stoneware made in Japan are produced from 1952 - 1968.
Mr. Lipper purchases full interest of the company from Mr. Mann and the corporate name is changed to Lipper International, Inc. The warehouse is located at 22nd and 3rd Avenue and employs a warehouse manager, a dozen warehouse workers and half a dozen bookkeepers.
Lipper International starts to import wooden tabletop items and wooden serving accessories from the Philippines.
Lipper International adds a line of 18/8 stainless steel serving accessories such as trays, covered sugar and creamers, gravy boats, and chafing dishes. Lipper also becomes the largest importer of fondue sets.
Lipper International develops a complete line of woodenware products consisting of tableware, salad bowls, storage items, pantry-ware and home organization items made of beechwood from Thailand. Over the coming years, these collections will be continually refined and expanded. Wooden items made from solid oak and solid birchwood from the Republic of China will also be added to the selection.
Lipper International purchases a 75,000 square foot building in Wallingford, Connecticut and moves their corporate office and warehouse to this location.
Today, Lipper International has a staff of over 50 sales representatives selling our wares in the United States, Canada and Central and South America.